Friday, July 8, 2011

Crush Control Book Tour!


Hey all! Here at in BetweeN the pages we're excited to be a part of the book tour for Crush Control. We have an interview with the lovely Jennifer Jabaley the novel's author. We'll be reviewing the book this weekend (it would be sooner, but I have to move out of my apartment... so things are insane!), but as a preview it's super cute and funny. We hope you enjoy Jennifer's responses as much as we did!

What made you decide to write a book about hypnosis?

I was hit with a bolt of inspiration one night when my infant daughter wouldn't sleep. I thought, 'if only I could rock her, and say, you are getting sleepy!' Then I realized that the idea of hypnosis was really unique and interesting and, as far as I know, not yet explored in YA literature. So I began to think about the mind of a teen girl and what she would do if she had the ability to hypnotize people. The possibilities seemed endless.


Have you ever been hypnotized yourself or hypnotized anyone else?

No and no. But I did witness other people being hypnotized at a Las Vegas show.


What’s the most ridiculous thing you’ve ever done to make someone jealous?

Hmmm. I can't really think of anything I did to make someone jealous. I do remember however, a time when, because I was jealous, I took some extreme measures. A boy I liked (in high school) happened to comment that he liked curly hair which prompted me to get a perm. Ok, so maybe that's not extreme, but trust me, if you saw a picture, you'd realize it was not a good look for me :)


Style wise are you more like Willow, more sedate, or her mother, who loves her flash and sparkle?

I'm definitely more Willow. I'm a conservative, preppy, dresser. Maybe a little more girly or feminine than I imagine Willow to be.


If you could star in any Las Vegas show what would it be?

I'd love to be able to sing - especially well enough to fill an arena in Vegas.


Finally, favorite Cher song?

Well, after writing CRUSH CONTROL, I'll never be able to listen to BELIEVE without smiling, so I guess that's my favorite.

A big thanks to Jennifer for taking her time and being utterly delightful!

0 comments:

Post a Comment