Today the library beside my college had a special zombie party, where the guest of honor was none other than Carrie Ryan! It was tons of fun. I felt a little old as one of two college students there, but it was so great that I didn't particularly mind. Carrie was lovely, she answered questions about all sorts of different things, such as why zombies and information about the movie! She also showed us her hot off the presses ARC of The Dead Tossed Waves and read the first couple of pages. The wait until March is going to kill me! I have no pictures because I was a total dork and left my camera in my room, but Carrie signed my copy of The Forest of Hands and Teeth (which if you haven't read yet you should read right now). Afterwards Carrie and I chatted a little bit about some random stuff. It was a blast and Carrie Ryan really is awesome.
Here is our rating system: One Star - Use as doorstop Two Stars - Bearable while on pain medication Three Stars - Read once, do not repeat Four Stars - Definitely keep it on your shelf Five Stars - Use as altar
So we've decided to join the challenge! This is just a preliminary list, and is definitely subject to change (we'll be doing a lot of adding as books begin to be released in order to get to the 12 we need!). Also, this is no order whatsoever. (if the book is in a color, it means one of us has read it!)
1. The False Princess by Eilis O'Neal
2. Human.4 by Mike Lancaster
3. Like Madarin by Kirsten Hubbard
4. The Emerald Atlas by John Stevens
5. A Touch Mortal by Leah Clifford
6. Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton
7. Hourglass by Myra McEntire
8. Never Sit Down in a Hoopskirt and Other Things I Learned in Southern Belle Hell by Crickett Rumley
9. Wither by Lauren DeStefano
10. Entwined by Heather Dixon
11. The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney
12. Possession by Elana Johnson
Fantasy Reading Challenge
1. Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl 2. The False Princess by Eilis O'Neal 3. Low Red Moon by Ivy Devlin 4. Sapphique by Catherine Fisher 5. Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins 6. Glimmerglass by Jenna Black 7. Tortall and Other Lands by Tamora Pierce 8. Entice by Carrie Jones 9. Hourglass by Myra McEntire 10. Wither by Lauren DeStefano 11. Darkest Mercy by Melissa Marr 12. Shadowspell by Jenna Black 13. Matched by Ally Condie 14. City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Claire 15. Entwined by Heather Dixon 16. The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney 17. Enchanted Ivy by Sarah Beth Durst 18. The Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan 19. Possession by Elana Johnson 20. A Touch Mortal by Leah Clifford 21. So Silver Bright by Lisa Manchev
Welcome to "in BetweeN the pages." This is a little project that we've started and we hope that it will allow us to engage in some lovely book talk. Here's a little about us-
Beth~ I have a feeling that I may have a problem. I adore books. I read whenever I can, and most of the time feel that reading a good book would be a much better use of my time than working on my massive load of homework. I'm a freshman at Davidson College, a school where teachers try to kill us while still being supportive. I'm a chemistry major and absolutely love it, even at random hours of the night. When I'm not working or reading I play tennis and am involved in my school's theater program. I work in my school's chemistry department, am a Girl Scout Gold Award recipient, and a National Merit Finalist. Hopefully you will enjoy what I say... but I tend to ramble.
Nathan~ For me, reading is the ultimate escape. A good book is so much better than any therapist can ever be. I am, what many might call, a book addict. It may be wrong, but it feels so right to blow off my homework and sit curled up with a novel. It's the ultimate relaxation. Books have gotten me through school and all the drama that accompanies it. I am a senior in high school, SGA co-President, Newspaper Editor, and Science Olympiad Manager so I often have stress which books can wipe away. I'm a freshman at Duke University, so I don't get much time to fun reading. I hope that my humble opinions can help you as you continue your literary adventure.