Saturday, June 27, 2009

My Fair Godmother




Finding your one true love can be a Grimm experience!
After her boyfriend dumps her for her older sister, sophomore Savannah Delano wishes she could find a true prince to take her to the prom. Enter Chrissy (Chrysanthemum) Everstar: Savannah’s gum-chewing, cell phone–carrying, high heel-wearing Fair Godmother. Showing why she’s only Fair—because she’s not a very good fairy student—Chrissy mistakenly sends Savannah back in time to the Middle Ages, first as Cinderella, then as Snow White. Finally she sends Tristan, a boy in Savannah’s class, back instead to turn him into her prom-worthy prince. When Savannah returns to the Middle Ages to save Tristan, they must team up to defeat a troll, a dragon, and the mysterious and undeniably sexy Black Knight. Laughs abound in this clever fairy tale twist from a master of romantic comedy.
from amazon.com

Beth says 4 Stars...

This book was the height of fluff. I especially loved the inattentive, shopaholic, and bumbling "fair" godmother Chrissy who refused to answer calls. She's not good enough to be a fairy godmother, so she's just considered a fair one. The twists on fairy tales were just interesting enough to keep me involved, but they didn't completely ruin them. Imagine being stuck in the Middle Ages in a fairy tale. Snow White is an airheaded idiot and lives with the seven dwarfs that don't have names like Sleepy and Dopey. I love how the different fairy tales all collided. I felt that Savannah was a good character who matured and grew throughout the plot. The plot was fast and kept my interest. There was nothing too surprising or extraordinary about it, but there really didn't need to be. It was light, cute, and fun. This is a great light fantasy read for the beach.

2 comments:

Bookworm said...

This sounds like a whole lot of fun. I might just have to bump it up in my TBR pile!!

a flight of minds said...

Great review! I wasn't too sure if this book was worth reading since it seems awfully light and fluffy, maybe too so for me. But maybe I'll give it a try if it's a fast read. Thanks!

- Alex

Post a Comment