Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Forest of Hands and Teeth



I
n Mary's world, there are simple truths.

The Sisterhood always knows best.

The Guardians will protect and serve.

The Unconsecrated will never relent.

And you must always mind the fence that surrounds the village. The fence that protects the village from the Forest of Hands and Teeth.

But slowly, Mary's truths are failing her. She's learning things she never wanted to know about the Sisterhood and its secrets, and the Guardians and their power. And, when the fence is breached and her world is thrown into chaos, about the Unconsecrated and their relentlessness.

Now she must choose between her village and her future, between the one she loves and the one who loves her. And she must face the truth about the Forest of Hands and Teeth. Could there be life outside a world surrounded by so much death?
from carrieryan.com

Beth says 5 Stars...
I read somewhere that this book is being made into a movie. As much as I loved this book, I'm note sure that I could go see it. It might scare me too much. This book is ominous and creepy to the extreme. I definitely wouldn't recommend it for those who are easily creeped out. If that isn't the case, then you are in for a treat. The book is definitely a thriller. It keeps you on the edge of your seat by withholding information, almost to the point of confusion. The plot went extraordinarily fast most of the time, but every once in a while it got a bit slow. At these points it seemed as if the book would never restart, but then something would be revealed and then the story was back on track. The writing and the characters' speach felt a bit antiquated, but it worked beautifully for the books. I loved how the characters had to constantly balance their humanity and their need to survive. Additionally, a creepy secretive church organization is always a bonus. This is for anyone who contemplates the zombie apocolypse. I can't wait for the next book, and will keep a beheadinginstrument nearby.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Great review. I know what you mean about it being slow in points. I still loved it though!

iDogrocker said...

I loved this book too. I've only read an ARC though, so I'm curious what things changed in the final copy. I can't wait for The Dead Tossed Waves :D

~The Book Pixie said...

I'm not a huge zombie person but I REALLY want to read this one. I'm glad you liked it so much. Thanks for posting. :D

~Briana

Cecelia said...

I couldn't like or finish this book, but I've seen how many people love it, so I know it's just me...and it appeals to a lot of others. Good review!

Rabid Fox said...

I almost want to give this book five stars, myself, but I wonder if it will resonate with me as sharply over time. I'm cautiously optimistic for the film, provided they do a good job in the casting department.

Post a Comment