Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Prophecy of the Sisters


An ancient prophecy divides two sisters-
One good...
One evil...
Who will prevail?
Twin sisters Lia and Alice Milthorpe have just become orphans. They have also become enemies. As they discover their roles in a prophecy that has turned generations of sisters against each other, the girls find themselves entangled in a mystery that involves a tattoo-like mark, their parents' deaths, a boy, a book, and a lifetime of secrets.
Lia and Alice don't know whom they can trust.
They just know they can't trust each other.
from amazon.com

Beth says 5 Stars...
This book kept me reading until 1 AM, which is something special for an early bird like me. I simple loved it. Besides my love, however, there was nothing simple about this novel. The plot was deftly layered and woven that seemingly insignificant details ended up as important clues. Let me digress for a moment and talk about how amazing the cover is. I think that it captures the eerie feel of the book perfectly and it's just stunning. Now back to the book. I loved all of the detail in the prophecy; everything was meticulously worked and fit together perfectly. The relationship between Alice and Lia is fraught with delicious intensity and depth. Every character had dimension; there was no such thing as pure good or evil. Also meriting a mention is the very proper, yet smoldering romance. This book gave the readers intelligence, and is fantastic. I loved the questions that it posed about fate, and our true natures. This is a must read for everyone, even if you think that you don't like demons and fallen angels. I can't wait for the next book!

3 comments:

Cecelia said...

I'm looking forward to reading this. In fact, I have it in a pile by my bed. But it won't get read in actuality until the library due date passes. That's just how my TBR pile functions. Great review - you make me want to get to it quicker!

Michelle Zink said...

Thanks so much for the wonderful review, Beth! It really made my (very long, tour-filled) day!

Hope everything is treating you well, hon.
<3

Sarah's Daydreams said...

Ooooh I cannot wait to read this! Thanks for the review!

Post a Comment