Wednesday, June 24, 2009

ghostgirl Homecoming



Heaven couldn't be a phone bank, could it?

Charlotte Usher discovers that the afterlife isn't quite what she pictured when she's forced to intern at a hotline for troubled teens. Before she can officially cross over, she'll have to be a source of guidance for one such teen. The problem is she doesn't have much advice to offer since dying hasn't exactly boosted her confidence level.

But when Hawthorne High's leading, love-to-hate cheerleader Petula and her gothic little sis' Scarlet find themselves suddenly resting-in-peace in comas, Charlotte's opportunity to save them will prove to be the risk of a lifetime-for all of them.
from amazon.com

Beth says 4 Stars...

This was better than the first one, but still not amazing. It was good and fun, but not great. Thankfully, I found Charlotte to be much less annoying than she was in the first book, especially by the end. The new characters introduced filled their roles perfectly, especially Maddy. I think that she was one of the reasons that Charlotte became more likable. The rest of the characters all gained more depth. The biggest problem that I had with the book was that there wasn't a really great plot. It took me about half of the book to get into it. Before that, I had to make myself keep reading. It did get interesting and fast moving, but it just took way too long. I felt that the satire in this book was sharper, and I really appreciated that. The commentary about beauty and popularity is biting, and all too right. This is a good book for those who enjoyed the first ghostgirl book. I would suggest this to people who enjoy satire. This was a slight improvement over the first book, but I still feel that this series has the potential to be much better.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not amazing? This book is AWESOME! Have you ever read anything like it? Think out of the YA box that you're trapped in. the first one got starred reviews and hit the new york times bestseller list instantly. all the critics loved it and this one is even BETTER. I love this series and I am praying that there are more!

Post a Comment